New Client Information
When it comes to your pet’s care, we understand that you want nothing but the best. At Oakhurst Veterinary Hospital, we promise to deliver just that.
Since 1977, our highly experienced and compassionate team has remained devoted to the health and wellbeing of our community’s special pets. Here are just five of the ways we prove our commitment to premier veterinary care:
- We are one of a select group of hospitals accredited by AAHA, the American Animal Hospital Association. This means we are regularly evaluated to ensure we practice over 900 standards of veterinary care, covering facilities, equipment, procedures, and much more.
- With over a century of combined experience working in the veterinary field, our doctors make a dream team! There’s no pet or condition they aren’t prepared to treat.
- In addition to comprehensive animal medicine, we offer top-rate boarding and daycare services on-site! When you can’t be home, Oakhurst will shower your pet with attention and affection.
- Our doctors and staff have received special training to earn hospital certification as a Cat Friendly Practice! This means we’ve gone the extra mile to make visits more comfortable and pleasant for our feline patients.
- From 2010 to 2018, readers of Tampa Bay Newspapers have voted us Best Veterinarian in Pinellas County. Our community agrees – Oakhurst is the best!
If you’re interested in meeting the Oakhurst team, just give us a call to schedule an appointment for your pet. We are conveniently open six days a week and until 8pm on weekdays.
Your Pet’s First Visit
As a new client, you can expect our team’s full attention to your pet’s needs. During your pet’s first visit, one of our veterinarians will thoroughly examine your pet from nose-to-tail, discuss your pet’s health with you, and recommend blood work or other diagnostic tests as needed. Come to us with any and all your questions! Our team wants you to play an active role in your pet’s care.
Please bring any medical records you have of your pet with you. This helps your veterinarian form a complete picture of your pet’s health and saves you from paying for vaccines or services your pet has already had.